According to records dating back to 1940-41, a long-time vision of Dr. John Miller began to become a reality. It was at this time that Lillian Reynolds and a group of God's people formed a church in the airport area of East Camden. Prayer services were started in the homes of Mrs. J.H. Yeager, Mrs. Lillian Reynolds and Mrs. Roy Barnes to ask God's guidance in this matter. Dr. Grover Prince, pastor of First Baptist Church, saw a great need and was very interested in starting a church northeast of the Ouachita River. He soon died, however, and Mrs. Lillian Reynolds moved away so the matter was put on hold. In 1945, when Mrs. Reynolds moved back to East Camden, First Baptist started a bus ministry to the Naval Ordinance Depot in East Camden, which was in full production at this time. Mrs. Reynolds, Dr. Tom Harris, and Dr. John Miller became concerned about the influx of people in East Camden and began weekly prayer services about this concern. A building location was found in front of Mrs. Lillian Reynolds’ home at the intersection of Mustin Lake Road and Hwy 4 (now 278 E). The State Mission Board bought land owned by Loy Ellis and deeded it to First Baptist Church, Liberty Association. Calvary Baptist Mission had its official beginning in a revival on this land May 30, 1948, in a war surplus tent. Calvary Baptist Mission officially became a church on Sunday, October 12, 1952. Many have worked for the Lord to make Calvary a loving, "relationship" church to minister to the people in this area. There are so many people who have contributed to our history. Continue to pray that Calvary will respond to God's guidance and put God first in this ministry of loving and caring for people and leading them to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
• The Bible is the inspired word of God. Without mistakes and is the final authority on life.
• God is the creator of all things and exists as the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
• Mankind was created in the image of God but separated in relationship with God because of sin.
• Salvation is by God's grace through faith in the sacrifice of Jesus as the substitute for our sin.
• The Church is the gathering of Christians who work together with God in His pursuit to reconcile people to himself.